The mission of Angel Backpack is two fold. First, to provide a token of hope to those who have lost all hope by providing backpacks filled with basic humanitarian needs.
These backpacks are filled with items to promote their self worth and dignity such as shampoo, soap, deodorant, a comb, a pair of socks, a blanket, and a towel. Secondly, to create awareness in our community of the less fortunate as we invite volunteers to join our cause.
Why Angel Backpack?
The Department of Children and Families 2008 study shows that over 60,000 men, women, and children are homeless in the state of Florida.
In the current state of our economy, the shelters are overcrowded and have a waiting list of families who are in need of assistance.
Due to the increase number of homeless in our major cities, Angel Backpack was formed in June of 2009 to provide a token of hope and dignity to the needy.
The long lines at the shelters for food and amenities inspired my family to take a proactive approach to giving back to a community in need.
- Thousands of backpacks distributed since June of 2009
- Provided aid to Haiti and Chile during their catastrophic
events during 2010
- Many shelters, underprivileged centers, and food banks served
- Corporations, city municipalities, schools, and churches have
supported our cause and become collection sites during our summer drive
- Hundreds of children, teenagers, and adults have volunteered in
- Had our first annual gala in September 2012 and raised funds to
expand our humanitarian efforts